Marc David Seitles
Marc David Seitles is a highly skilled trial and appellate attorney with extensive experience. He has had many successful outcomes in high-profile cases involving charges of money laundering, harboring illegal aliens, defrauding investors, and narcotics trafficking.
Prior to entering private practice, Marc was employed as a trial attorney with the Federal Defender’s Office, Southern District of Florida, and as a law clerk to the Honorable Lawrence K. Karlton, Chief Judge Emeritus, Eastern District of California. Marc has also worked on post-conviction appeals, including representing inmates on Florida’s death row. His efforts helped several of his clients receive new trials and have their death sentences commuted to life, including Ana Cardona, the well-publicized Baby Lollipops case.
Marc has published numerous articles in law reviews and journals around the country on issues involving criminal procedure, land use and planning, and international law. His articles have been cited by legal scholars and are used as law school curriculum. Most recently, one of his articles was cited by the Black Women Lawyer’s Association of Chicago in an amicus brief filed with United States Supreme Court.
In 2008, Marc was a faculty member at a criminal law conference in Naples, Florida for attorneys in South Florida. He has also previously taught as an adjunct professor at Florida International University.
Marc has served as local counsel in an international anti-trust case for several Washington D.C. attorneys from King & Spalding, and for a partner at DeGuerin Dickson & Hennessy, a boutique criminal defense firm in Houston, Texas.
Marc is admitted to practice in the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida, and the Third and Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. He has also been admitted pro hac vice in the Eastern District of Virginia, the Western District of Arkansas, the Eastern District of New York, and the Eastern District of Michigan.
- The Florida Bar
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Federal Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- Miami Dade Justice Association
- Marc David Seitles, The Development of the Inter-American Human Rights System: A Historical Perspective and a Modern-Day Critique, 16 New York Journal of Human Rights 593 (Spring 2000)
- Marc David Seitles, The Perpetuation of Residential Racial Segregation in America: Historical Discrimination, Modern Forms of Exclusion, and Inclusionary Remedies, 14 Florida State University Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law 89 (Fall 1998)
- Marc David Seitles, The Effect of the Convention on the Rights of the Child Upon Street Children in Latin America: A Study of Brazil, Colombia, and Guatemala, 16 Buffalo Journal of Public Interest Law 157 (Spring 1998)
- Marc David Seitles, Criminal Procedure: The 1997 Survey of Florida Law, 22 Nova Law Review 93 (Fall 1997)
Honorable Chief Judge Emeritus Lawrence K. Karlton, Eastern District of California
Washington University in St. Louis
Awards & Recognition
- Top Lawyer South Florida Legal Guide
- Listed in Florida’s Legal Elite
- Listed in SuperLawyers
- Finalist, Most Effective Criminal Lawyer in DBR
- FACDL Rodney Thaxton Award
- Broward County Young Lawyers Division
- Inter-American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Foundation
- National Association of Public Interest Law