At Seitles & Litwin, we specialize in appellate and post-conviction motions. Attorney Litwin, a former Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals law clerk, brings the benefit of working on appeals from the judicial level and has a thorough understanding of what it takes to mount a successful criminal appeal. Beyond this, both Attorney Seitles and Attorney Litwin have extensive experience on both the state and federal levels in writing and arguing appeals at or argument in front of the Eleventh Circuit and Florida’s district court of appeals.
Appellate arguments are notoriously complex and require the highest level of written and oral advocacy skills. Seitles & Litwin has also had tremendous success in filing and arguing post conviction motions (2255 motions and rule 3.850 motions) in the district or trial courts. Our history of success speaks for itself.
Recent victories include:
- United States v. Uri Ammar – vacated his convections and overturned a life sentence
- United States v. Elroy Phillips – vacated 4 of his 5 convictions
- State of Florida v. Daniel Enrique Vilca Guevara – reversed his conviction and life sentence
- Gustavo Bru v. United States – won post-conviction motion for ineffective assistance of counsel
- Terrance Frederick v. United States – vacated his conviction
- Dwayne Easton v. United States – vacated his conviction
- Michael Cates v. United States – vacated his conviction
- Frank Jesus Onetti v. United States– vacated his conviction
- Peter Martin v. United States– vacated his conviction