The Miami Law Offices of Marc David Seitles, P.A., specializes in criminal defense at the trial and appellate level. The firm offers aggressive, comprehensive and effective representation in federal and state courts throughout the United States.
The firm handles complex federal crimes, white collar fraud matters, drug trafficking/money laundering cases, and OFAC matters. The firm's attorneys speak fluent Spanish.
Founding partner, Miami Lawyer, Marc David Seitles was recognized by the South Florida Legal Guide as one of the "Top Lawyers in South Florida" (2008-2012).
In 2010, 2011 and 2012, Marc was selected one of Florida's Super Lawyers, a directory which lists the top 5% of attorneys in each state. He was chosen in the following categories - criminal defense and white collar criminal defense. He was also recently chosen as one of Florida's Legal Elite by Florida Trend Magazine.
Marc was also named "Most Effective Lawyer: Criminal Law" finalist in both 2009 and 2008 by the Daily Business Review for repeated significant acquittals in federal court. In 2012, Marc was named a finalist in the criminal law category because of the dismissal of a federal drug trafficking indictment against a client he proved was innocent and wrongfully incarcerated.
Marc was the 2009-2010 recipient of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer's (Miami) Rodney Thaxton "Against All Odds" award for his efforts as one of the attorneys for Dr. Ali Shaygan.
Some of the firm's high profile clients include:
- the 28 family members of Gilberto and Miguel Rodriguez-Orejuela - the leaders of the Colombian Cali Drug Cartel
- the vice-president of a company accused of defrauding the United States Army by shipping unauthorized Chinese ammunition to NATO forces
- the owners of hedge funds accused of defrauding investors of hundreds of millions of dollars in securities fraud schemes
- the owner of a successful electronics chain in Panama accused of defrauding creditors of millions of dollars
- the owners of a successful Mexican restaurant chain accused of money laundering and hiring illegal aliens
- the owners of medical clinics accused of Medicare fraud
- the owner of a chain of computer stores in Colombia accused of bulk cash smuggling and money laundering
- the owners of a property appraisal company, a mortgage company, and a title company accused of mortgage fraud
- the owner of a lumber company accused of traveling to Costa Rica to solicit sex from a minor
- a well-known Colombian plastic surgeon accused of practicing medicine in the United States without a license
- a physician accused of illegally prescribing pain medication causing the death of a patient
The firm's cases have been reported on by the New York Times, Miami Herald, Washington Post, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, FOX news, CNN, USA Today, NBC6, CBS News, Univision, El Tiempo, El Pais, La Opinion, Semana. Marc has been featured on Univision's "Aqui y Ahora" and on Telemundo's "Sin Fronteras."
Marc has been interviewed by leading English and Spanish newspapers around the world. Marc recently provided commentary to journalists on the extradition proceedings of the former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega and on "El Caso Maletin," the cash smuggling case allegedly involving members of the governments of Venezuela and Argentina.
Marc was featured on the cover page of the Daily Business Review to discuss identity theft cases prosecuted in the Southern District of Florida.
The firm's clients include corporations, small companies and individuals from the United States, and many countries throughout the world, including - Colombia, Venezuela, the Bahamas, Jamaica, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Cuba, Brazil, Canada, Austria, Spain, Japan, China, India, Israel, Iran and Pakistan. The firm also works closely with many of these foreign consulates on behalf of its clients.
The firm handles criminal matter throughout the United States, including all regions in Florida (South Florida, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Fort Myers, and Key West). The firm has represented clients accused of federal crimes in New York, California, Texas, Virginia, Illinois, Arkansas, Michigan and Georgia.
In sum, the Law Offices of Marc David Seitles, P.A. offer zealous representation and aggressive defense and trial strategies which instill client confidence and ensure effective advocacy in even the most difficult criminal cases.
- Bond & Pretrial Detention Hearings
- Criminal Appeals & Post-Conviction Motions
- Drug Trafficking
- Environmental Crimes
- Extradition and International Law
- Firearms & Weapons Cases
- Health Care Fraud
- Identity Theft Cases
- Internet Sex Crimes/Pornography
- Money Laundering
- Mortgage Fraud/Real Estate Fraud
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”)
- RICO Crimes
- Securities Fraud
- Sex Tourism
- Tax Crimes
- Theft Cases
- Treaty Transfer Cases
- White Collar Crimes